HILL TOP FARM & HILL TOP BARN
Perfect for family groups of up 16 people
Availability Hill Top & Hill Top Barn together :-taking bookings now for next summer and beyond
Availability Hill Top Barn only :- now until next summer
Welcome to Hill Top Farm (up to 12 people) and Hill Top Barn (up to 4) Self Catering Holiday Cottage in the Lake District, CumbriaBuilt in the 1700s Hill Top Farm is within the Lake District National Park, approx 4 miles from Coniston Water and 6 miles from Windermere. It is situated on the outskirts of Penny Bridge village, enjoying an elevated rural situation, with views over the Levens estuary. This is a peaceful and secluded location, with no neighbouring properties on its single-track road, whilst being less than a mile from local shops at Greenodd (baker, butcher, post office / general store, pub).
This traditional and quirky Lakeland self catering detached farmhouse is set in approx two acres of land and is full of individual character, with exposed beams, old slate flag and oak floors and old pine doors, an open fire and a wood burning stove. All rooms have rural views. It has full central heating, a kitchen diner, four bedrooms, a comfy lounge, small snug/5th bedroom (with sofa bed) bathroom, shower room and a large barn loft games room, creating a comfortable and warm home-from-home.
Our newly refurbished attached Barn includes a modern high spec design, new technology and high quality furnishings and consists of: a separate entrance, ground floor walk-in shower room, bespoke high spec kitchen / dining room and an open plan lounge with wood burning stove and a door / bookcase through to the main house (lockable on both sides). There are large glass doors to the garden, with views to the estuary. Upstairs is a double and a twin bedroom and another bathroom. The barn can be booked as additional self catering accommodation for those people booking the main house; it will not be available to be rented separately.
Our aim is to share our home (when we are not there) with groups & families who enjoy the Lake District. We're delighted that Hill Top Farm is so popular, so please try and book well ahead.
Accommodation- up to 16 people
Hill Top Farm
- New kitchen / dining room with an open range fire and french door overlooking the garden and hillside
- Large lounge and stove and secret bookcase/ door to the Barn
- Small sitting room/snug
- Smart TV, Apple TV, DVD and wireless internet, Bose speaker
- Open fires with wood & coal provided
- Sleeps 12 in 2 double beds, 1 double sofa bed,1 twin room and a large attic with 4 singles ( perfect for kids)
- 2 bathrooms and an outside loo
- Full central heating
Hill Top Farm Barn
Additional accommodation:-the newly refurbished attached barn includes:-
- Entrance room
- Walk-in shower room with slate floor
- High spec bespoke kitchen units and appliances (Neff & Corian) and dining area
- Lounge with multi-fuel fire, smart TV and Apple TV, DVD, internet wifi, Harris tweed sofas, glass doors to the garden and open views.
- Lockable connecting door / bookcase to the farmhouse
- Solid oak floors on the ground floor and Herdwick wool carpets upstairs
- Sleeps 4 - a double and a twin bedroom
- Full central heating
Hill Top Farm grounds and gardens
- Secluding sitting area overlooking the estuary at the back of the house plus additional sitting area at the front
- Garden tables and chairs on the patios, BBQs and firepit
- Approx 1 acre field - may be occupied by sheep, ponies and chickens
- A detached second barn - with a games room in the loft including: table tennis, pool and football tables and wood and coal storage.
- Enclosed gardens with games including croquet, swings and a hammock
- Boiler house for storage with an additional fridge, freezer and washing/drying facilities
- Outside toilet
- Secure store for bikes & boats with off-road cycle routes close by and walks from the house
- Parking for up to 6-8 cars.
Near to Hill Top Farm
- An attractive place from which to explore the Southern Lakes, or simply to relax in the house and garden and watch the ever-changing views
- A peaceful and secluded location, with no neighbouring properties within a mile
- The Lakeside and Haverthwaite steam railway is just 3 miles away. Here you can catch a train to Lakeside, visit Stott Park Bobbin Mill, the Aquarium of the Lakes or catch a ferry to Windermere and Ambleside.
- Serious fell walking within 30 minutes' drive
- A passenger ferry to Coniston village can be boarded at the Victorian pier at Lake Bank; with hire boats on Coniston a short drive away.
- Estuary walks - great for dogs and kids on the beach
- Historic working farm with ice cream and tea rooms at Bouth
- Fishing on the lakes and rivers
- Grizedale Forest - with an adventure playground, Go-Ape, sculptures, walks, cycling, cycle hire and cafe
- Health treatments & spa within 10 minutes drive
- 3 pubs within 2 miles serving good food and locally brewed beer
- Market town of Ulverston with independent shops, a great supermarket (Booths) and a range restaurants and take-aways just 4.5 miles away
- Nearest train station is Ulverston, mainline trains at Oxenholme in nearby Kendal.
Thank you to those who have already visited, and for the fantastic feedback we have received, including some very useful suggestionsle, which we have implemented wherever possible.
Martin and Caroline Altounyan.
For further information, bookings and prices
To enquire please select Availability & Prices and, if necessary, select the year. The prices are based on the number of people, the number of days booked and the season. The cost could be as low as £10-20 per person per night. A table below the Available & Prices calendar page shows the indicative total cost based on seasons, the number of people in your party and whether you are looking for just the Farm or the Barn as well. NB If you do choose not to use the Barn then we will not rent it out to another group, enabling your privacy and ensuring you have the whole place to yourselves.
After checking availability and prices, Contact us for a quote with your contact details, the date, duration and size of your party and whether you want the Barn as well, then send the info to me. I will email you within 24 hours to confirm price etc and once you are happy, a deposit of £200 secures the booking. The balance is paid 8 weeks prior to your arrival. Payments can be made by cheque, bank transfer or PayPal gift. For more information or a chat email me on email@example.com or call me on+447879846493
Bed linen and towels are now provided for both the main house and the barn. The numbers in your party will be fixed once the booking is confirmed and the deposit paid. Any additional numbers are subject to agreement and may incur additional costs. Daily consumer items such as washing up liquid, dishwasher/washing machine tablets, toilet rolls, salt & pepper, tea & coffee, coal, wood and heating are normally included.